- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Account [of] J. and N. Johnston / [audited by] John Wereat
- Date of Original:
- Indians of North America--Treaties
Indian agents--Appropriations and expenditures
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- This document is an account of payment due to J. and N. Johnston by the state of Georgia for services, which includes the publication of a report by an unnamed committee on an unspecified Indian treaty. A note on the document from auditor John Wereat, dated March 4, 1791, indicates that the amount due is incorrect.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 16, folder 02, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
The State of Georgia
To J & N Johnston Dr.
Dec. 16. To Publishing Report of the Committee on the
Indian Treaty -- -- -- £2..18..6
30. " 3 weeks Publishing Proclamation for Election
of Representatives in Congress -- -- 1..18..6
Jan. 20. " 3 weeks Publishing Proclamation- Tax Act.
and Treasurer's Notification -- -- 8..15..~
Agreeable to your desire we have sent our Account for the last Quarter ~
We are Sir your's Respectfully ~
[Signed] J & N Johnston
Upon examining the above Account I find the amount to be ten pounds thirteen Shillings and six pence
[Signed] John Wereat Auditor
4th: March 1791
Mr. William Urquhart Augusta
James & N Johnson
4th March 1791
[ Note: Miscellaneous mathematical calculations appear on this page. ]