- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Account [of] Robert Dixon and Stephen Jett, 1786 / [audited by] John Wereat
- Date of Original:
- Choctaw Indians--Government relations
Chickasaw Indians--Government relations
Indian agents--Appropriations and expenditures
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- This is an account dated 1786 for Robert Dixon and Stephen Jett for their services as commissioners to the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations and the settlements of Holston, Nolichucky, and Watauga. The account is signed by John Wereat, auditor for the state of Georgia, and Thomas Carnes, attorney for Dixon and Jett.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 16, folder 01, document 03.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
Dr The State of Georgia
In Account with Robert Dixon & Stephen Jett Contra Cr.
31st Decr. [December] To our Salaries as Commissioners to the Chehaw & Chikasaw Nation the Settlements of Holston Nolechucky & Wataga for four months, at three dollars per diem each -- -- £16 [unclear text: 8 ] .0.0
178 [document damaged: 6 ]
1st Septr. [September] By a Draft on the treasury £35.0.0
Do. [Ditto] &c. [et cetera] 35.0.0
10 Novr. [November] Do. Do. [Ditto Ditto] 15.0.0
Do. [Ditto] Do. [Ditto] 15.0.0
Bal. [Balance] Due 68.0.0
E. [Errors] Excepted
[Signed] Thos. [Thomas] P. Carnes Attorney in fact for Dixon & Jett --
[Signed] John Wereat Auditor
a/c [account] Robert Dixon & Stephen Jett