- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Receipt for payment to] James White to proceed to the Creek Nation, 1787 Feb. 14
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Government relations
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- This is a duplicate receipt dated February 14, 1787 and signed by James White for a draft on the state treasury in the amount of fifty pounds for White's trip into the Creek Nation. The document indicates that White was the Superintendent of Indian Affairs.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 05, folder 11, document 04.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
No [Number] 59
14 Feby [February] 1787 His Honor the Governors Draft on the Treasurer for fifty pounds Sterling to enable me to proceed to the Creek Nation and for which I am to be accountable to be charged Contingent fund
[Signed] James White Suprdt. ind. affs. [Superintendant of indian affairs]