- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Receipt of] Reuben Jones for bringing dispatches from the Creek Nation, 1787 Apr. 25
- Date of Original:
- Postal service
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- This is a receipt dated April 25, 1787 and signed by Reuben Jones for his services in bringing dispatches from the Creek Nation. The receipt indicates that a draft on the state treasury in the amount of 15 pounds was paid to Jones.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 05, folder 11, document 02.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
No [Number] 126
25 April 1787 His honor the Governors draft on the Treasury for fifteen pounds Stg [Sterling] for bringing [deleted text: an express ] dispatches from the Creek Nation to be to be charged Contingent fund
[Signed] Reuben Jones