- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Receipt of] W[illia]m Neel for coming express from the Creek Nation, 1787 Apr. 25
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Government relations
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- This is a receipt dated April 25, 1787 and signed by William Neel for payment for his services in coming express from the Creek Nation. The document indicates that Neel received a draft from the Governor on the state treasury for the amount of 15 pounds.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 05, folder 11, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
No [Number] 132
25 April 1787 his honor the Governor draft on the Treasury for fifteen pounds for coming express from the Creek Nation to be charged contingent fund
[Signed] Wm [William] Neel