- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Statement transferring] Ja[me]s Espey['s] wages, 1794 June 17 / [signed by] Ja[me]s Espey
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Treaties
Georgia. Militia--Pay, allowances, etc.
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- legal documents
- In this document, dated June 17, 1794, James Espey authorizes the payment of his wages for military service performed at the Rock Landing treaty to Thomas Trammell(?). The "treaty" herein mentioned may refer to meetings held between U.S. and Creek officials at Rock Landing on the Oconee River, Georgia, in 1789.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 05, folder 04, document 05.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
this is to sartify [certify] that I have impowred [empowered] thomas tramel to Receive my wages for my tower [tour] of juty [duty] for tha [the] Rock landon trety [treaty]
June 17th 1794
[Signed] Jas [James] Espey