- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Statement transferring] John Espey['s] clame [sic], 1794 June 11 / [signed by] Tho[ma]s Trammell [and] John Espey
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Treaties
Georgia. Militia--Pay, allowances, etc.
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- legal documents
- In this document, dated June 11, 1794, John Espey forfeits his claim for military service performed at the Rock Landing treaty negotiations to the bearer of the note. The "treaty" herein mentioned may refer to meetings held between U.S. and Creek officials at Rock Landing on the Oconee River, Georgia, in 1789.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 05, folder 04, document 04.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
June 11th 1794
this intitles [entitles] the Barrer [Bearer] to Recieved [Received] Jhon [deleted text: [illegible text] ] [unclear text: Aspey ] Clame [Claim] for the tower [tour] to the Rock landing treaty
[Signed] Thos [Thomas] Trammell
[Signed] John Espey
Sir please to [word(s) omitted]