- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Statement of] Jhon Holinghead [i.e., John Hollingshead], 1794 June 17 / [signed by] Jhon Holinghead [i.e., John Hollingshead]
- Hollingshead, John
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Treaties
Georgia. Militia--Pay, allowances, etc.
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- legal documents
- In this document, dated June 17, 1794, John Hollingshead states that Thomas Trammal(?) is authorized to receive his claim for military service Hollingshead performed at the Rock Landing treaty negotiations. The "treaty" herein mentioned may refer to meetings held between U.S. and Creek officials at Rock Landing on the Oconee River, Georgia, in 1789.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 05, folder 04, document 03.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
this are to cetartify [certify] that Thos. [unclear text: Trammal ] are otherised [authorized] to Recieve [Receive] the clame [claim] of Jhon holinghead for the tower [tour] of Dewety [Duty] to the Rock landing treaty
[Signed] Jhon holinghead
June 17th 1794