- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Receipt] for [funds] paid [to] Henry Burns, 1831 Jan. 3 / [paid by] Col[onel] J.W.A. Sanford
- Date of Original:
- Fugitives from justice
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- This document is a receipt for four dollars paid to Henry Burns for travelling to New Echota in the Cherokee Nation to arrest a person named Wheeler. The receipt, dated January 3, 1831, indicates that the funds were disbursed by Colonel J.W.A. Sanford.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 04, folder 25, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
Received of Col. John W. A. Sanford Four Dollars in full for that amount Paid by me, on Command to New Echota to arrest Wheeler
3rd. January 1831.
[Signed] Henry Burns