- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Receipt] for monies disbursed by Thomas [?] Johnson, 1799 Mar. 14
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Government relations
Creek Indians--Appropriations and expenditures
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- This is a receipt dated March 14, 1799 from the state of Georgia to Thomas Johnson for money that he disbursed to pay expenses associated with the visit of a Chehaw chief to the Georgia state capital at Louisville (Jefferson County) and his return to the Creek Nation. The receipt also refers payment made to a person named Indian Billy.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 04, folder 19, document 04.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
State of Georgia
To Thomas Johnson
for monies disbursed by him to pay the expenses attending the Indian Chief the Cheehaw Mico's coming to the Seat of government & whilst remaining in Louisville and an escort back to the frontier together with an express to him in
febry [february] laste [last] . . . . .
paid Captn [Captain] John Swelley of accote [account] No 1 $23.. --
Peterson & Thomas -- 2 -- 37.25
Indian Billy -- receipte [receipt] 3 -- 8
Shellman & Deloney -- accote [account] 4 -- 7..50
[Signed] Th [Thomas] [unclear text: Don ] M Johnson
Thomas [unclear text: de M ] Johnson
[illegible text] -- $75.75
14 March 1799