- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Receipt for] fifteen dollars from T[homas ?] Johnson, 1799 Feb. 9 / [signed by] Joshua L.[?] Smither
- Date of Original:
- Indians of North America--Crimes against
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- This is a receipt dated February 9, 1799 for fifteen dollars received from T(homas?) Johnson for the state's services in apprehending two men charged with stealing Indian horses. The receipt is signed by Joshua L. (?) Smither.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 04, folder 19, document 02.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
9 febry [february] 1799 from T Johnson. fifteen dollars being part of the accot [account] delivered to the Executive for following & taking up two men charged with stealing Indian horses
[Signed] Joshua L. Smither