- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Rec[eip]t [of payment to] Joseph Langford for bringing an express from the Cherokees, 1785 Mar. 10, Savannah, [Georgia] / [signed by] Joseph Langford; witness[ed] by G[eorge] Handley
- Date of Original:
- Cherokee Indians--Government relations
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- Receipt dated March 10, 1785 for money paid to Joseph Langford in return for bringing an express from the Cherokee Indians. Langford's mark appears on the document to signify payment, and the signature of George Handley appears as a witness.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 04, folder 04, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
10th March 1785
Received His Honor the Governors Draft upon the Treasurer, for the Sum of One pound Seventeen Shillings and fourpence in favor Joseph Langford for bringing an Express from the Cherokees.
[Signed] Joseph Langford his X mark
Witness G [George] Handley
Rect. [Receipt] for £1..17..4 for Express from the Cherokees. --
Entd [Entered] Cash Book
15th. March 1785