- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Account [of] articles furnished [by] James Rae for the use of the Fat King, 1784 / [by order of] John Habersham
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Government relations
Creek Indians--Appropriations and expenditures
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- This is an account and receipt for items furnished by James Rae to the state of Georgia for the use of the Fat King, a Creek Indian leader. The account includes rum, beef, bacon, corn, and gun repairs, and Rae's signature appears on the document indicating that he received payment for the goods and services furnished. The articles were delivered at the request of John Habersham, President of the Executive Council of Georgia, on April 1, 1784.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 04, folder 03, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
The Publick [Public] of Georgia
To James Rae Dr
1784 March. 1. For 12 Gallons of Rum a [at] 6/. £3..12..
" . 4 [unclear text: Cags ] -- -- a [at] 2/6. " . 10.
April 1. " . 10 Bushells [Bushels] of Corn a [at] 2/ 1.. --
" . 7 [unclear text: Cags ] -- -- a [at] 2/6. " .17.6
" . 30 lb. Beef & bacon -- 6d. -- " . 15. --
Paid Webster mending Indian guns - his Acct. -- } " 18.8-
Paid Castleberry his Do -- -- [Ditto] " 15. --
Received the Contents of the within by me
[Signed] James Rae
I hereby Certify that the articles delivered on the
1st April last agreable [agreeable] to the within Account were for the use of the Fat King, a Creek Indian Chief, and furnished at my request. Savannah,
14th: November, 1784. --
[Signed] John Haberhsam.
Presidt. Ex: [President Executive] Council.
State of Georgia
with James Rae
16. Novr. [November] 1784