- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- [Account of payment owed] to Ambrose Day [by the] State of Georgia / [signed by] Ambrose Day
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Land tenure
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- This is an undated financial account of money owed by Georgia to Ambrose Day for printing and publishing sundry items. The materials enumerated include advertisements, newspapers and proclamations, and they were prepared by Day between October 1804 and August 1805. A January 1805 proclamation "respecting tresspassers [sic] on the lands south of the Oconee" ostensibly pertains to settlers illegally squatting on land belonging to the Creek Indians.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 03, folder 12, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
State of Georgia, to Ambrose Day. Dr.
1804 October. -- For advertizing [advertising] respecting firewood, &c [et cetera] $2,,75
-- One years Newspapers, (two) 6,,00
Two Almanacs 50
Novr. [November] -- Publishing proclamation, &c. [et cetera] 6,,75
1805. -- January. For publishing a proclamation, respecting tresspassers [trespassers] on the lands south of the Oconee 25,,75
-- Printing 80 handbills of the same 15,,00
Feb.- Publishing Executive Order, of the
27th of Decr. [December] 1804 5,,75
March. Publishing proclamation respecting the murder of Hezekiah Goff 9,,75
April Do. [Ditto] Dr. murder of Wm. [William] Kitchin 11,,75
Printing blank warranty. 12,,00
May. -- Publishing proclamation, for apprehending William Williams 8,,50
1805. -- June. -- Publishing notice respecting land lottery. (six weeks) 18,,75
July. -- Printing blank receipts 12,,00
Aug. Publishing proclamation, for apprehending Robert Little, for the murder of John Martin, 8,,75
Deduct for overcharge for printing blank warranty and receipts above mentioned 8,,00
Errors excepted, 136,00
[Signed] Ambrose Day .