- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Receipt for express[es and] provisions [delivered to] the Creeks, Sept. 16, 1785, Augusta, [Georgia] / [received by] Clark, Elbert and Co[mpany]
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Government relations
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- receipts (financial records)
- This document is a receipt dated September 16, 1785 in Augusta that details three transactions in April and June of 1785 between the state of Georgia and Clark, Elbert and Company. Colwele Eastus, William Kerby, and Mr. (Timothy?) Barnard were paid a total of just over thirty-one pounds for provisions and expresses taken to the Creek Indians. This receipt contains summaries of two other receipts, tcc003 and tcc004.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 01, folder 11, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
The State of Georgia p [per] order of his Honr. [Honor] the Govr. [Governor]
To Clark Elbert & Co.
April 19th To paid Colwele Eastus Going Express to the Creeks on p [per] his receipts 20..10..
June 10 To paid William Kerby going to the Lower Creeks with Express to Stop the Indians from Comeing [Coming] down as p [per] his receipt 6..
17th To provisions & Rum [illegible text] the Indians as p [per] Mr Barnards receipt 4..16..4.
September 1785. Of His Honor the Governor's Draft upon the Treasury for the above Sum of Thirty One pounds 6/4. To be charched [charged] to the Contingent Fund.
[unclear text: Cntd. C: B. ]
Sepr. [September] 16th. 1785. Cont.
[Signed] Clark Elbert & Co [added text (appears to be different hand and ink): Gen Elbert of Ga [Georgia] ]
Clark & Co. Acct. & Rect. [Company Account and Receipt] for £31.6/4
passed in Council
16th. Sepr. [September] 1785.
G. Handley Sec [Secretary]
16th Sepr. [September] [unclear text: C: B. Cont. ]