[Photograph of Woodland Terrace, Sandersville, Washington County, Georgia]

Collection:
Vanishing Georgia
Title:
[Photograph of Woodland Terrace, Sandersville, Washington County, Georgia]
Date of Original:
1800/1994
Subject:
Architecture--Georgia--Sandersville
Domestic life--Georgia--Sandersville
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Location:
United States, Georgia, Washington County, Sandersville, 32.98154, -82.81014
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Sandersville. Woodland Terrace, located at 270 North Harris Street, was built prior to the Civil War. Nathan Haynes was the original owner. During the Civil War General William T. Sherman utilized this house as headquarters for his Union forces while in Sandersville. Other owners of the home have included members of the William Gainer Brown and Robert Mitchell Brown families.
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_vang_was062
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/do:was062
Rights Holder:
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
Additional Rights Information:
Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
Holding Institution:
Georgia Archives
Rights:
Rights Statement information

Locations