- Vanishing Georgia
- [Photograph of the Glore family, Mableton, Cobb County, Georgia, 1894]
- Date of Original:
- Postal service--Georgia--Mableton
Georgia--Politics and government--Mableton
- United States, Georgia, Cobb County, Mableton, 33.8187167, -84.5824329
- "Mableton, 1894. Mable Street. Left to right: Mrs. May Frances Alexander Glore, her daughter Alice Daniell, Robert Daniell, Forrest Daniell, unknown, Honor M. Glore, H.A. Glore.
<p>19th century picture of Mrs. Mary Frances Alexander Glore, widow of James Robert Glore, taken in front of her home on Mable Street. in Mableton.
<p>Her son, Dr. H.A. Glore, standing in front of the fence and next to his horse and buggy, was a medical doctor, graduated from Atlanta Medical College (now Emory University) in 1896. He was elected and served as the first Mayor of Mableton, when the town was incorporated in 1912. He was also post Master at Mableton for over 16 years, from 1921 until 1938, when he resigned on account of ill health.
<p>Others in the picture include her daughter Alice, son-in-law, Robert E. Daniell, and her youngest son, Honor M. Glore
<p>The home was built in 1888 on the Mableton town block bounded on the south by Mable Street, east by Peak Street, north by Center Street, and west by Daniell Street."--from field notes
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- Georgia Archives