Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for Georgia Towns and Cities, 1884-1941
- Rome, Floyd Co., Georgia, Jany. 1898 / Sanborn Map & Publishing Co., Limited
- Sanborn Map & Publishing Co.
- New York : Sanborn-Perris Map Co.
- Date of Original:
- Rome (Ga.)--Maps
Floyd County (Ga.)--Maps
Insurance, Fire--Georgia--Floyd County--Maps
- United States, Alabama, Cherokee County, 34.17596, -85.60379
United States, Alabama, Cherokee County, Rock Run, 34.027877, -85.495236
United States, Georgia, Chattooga County, Berryton, 34.45009, -85.38635
United States, Georgia, Chattooga County, Trion, 34.54397, -85.31051
United States, Georgia, Floyd County, Lindale, 34.18676, -85.17467
United States, Georgia, Floyd County, North Rome, 34.26343, -85.15828
United States, Georgia, Floyd County, Rome, 34.25704, -85.16467
United States, Georgia, Floyd County, West Rome, 34.27926, -85.22606
United States, Georgia, Walker County, LaFayette, 34.7048, -85.2819
- fire insurance maps
- Still Image
- Fire insurance maps which show building construction by hand coloring, locations of elevators, windows and doors, and available water facilities.
Shows commercial and religious occupancy of buildings, dwellings with property boundaries, and house and block numbers.
Includes notes on population, water facilities, fire department, and prevailing winds.
The Sanborn Maps database is a project of the Digital Library of Georgia as part of Georgia HomePLACE. The project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia. The maps represented are from the University of Georgia Libraries Map Collection.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- "Sanborn", "Sanborn Map", "Sanborn Map Company", and "Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps" are recognized trademarks of the Sanborn Map Company, a subsidiary of Environmental Data Resources, Inc. (EDR). The presentation of the historic maps on this site is in no way connected with either the Sanborn Map Company or Environmental Data Resources, Inc.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: Sanborn Map Company. [Title of Map]. University of Georgia Libraries Map Collection, Athens, Ga., presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 map on 18 sheets.
- Holding Institution:
- University of Georgia. Map and Government Information Library