- Historic Architecture and Landscapes of Georgia: The Hubert Bond Owens and John Linley Image Collections at the Owens Library
- Pomegranate Hall (Sparta, Ga.)
- Linley, John
- Date of Original:
- Sayre, Nathan
Reese, Seaborn, 1846-1907
Kale, Cleveland M.
Greek Revival (Architecture)
Wood (plant material)
- United States, Georgia, Hancock County, Sparta, 33.2757, -82.97626
- Located at: 322 Adams Street, Sparta, Ga.
Rear view of a two-story brick house on a raised stone basement, assymetrically arranged with the entrance to one side of the two-story heroic portico. Four Doric columns on square pedestals, not round or fluted but having 14 sides, support the entablature. The porch is mounted by stairways on either side, and a balustrade runs along the front of the porch and down each stairway. Over the entrance is a graceful fanlight. For more information see Linley, John. Architecture of Middle Georgia: the Oconee Area. Athens, Ga.: University of Georgia Press, c1972, pp. 80-81.
Date of structure: 1830.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of image], John Linley Collection, Box 12, Owens Library, School of Environment and Design, The University of Georgia
- 1 slide : color
- Holding Institution:
- Owens Library