- Historic Architecture and Landscapes of Georgia: The Hubert Bond Owens and John Linley Image Collections at the Owens Library
- Park Hall (University of Georgia)
- Owens, Hubert B.
- Date of Original:
- University of Georgia
Wood (plant material)
- United States, Georgia, Clarke County, Athens, 33.96095, -83.37794
- Located at: Baldwin Street, Athens, Ga.
This two-story brick academic building with a high basement and a three-story annex houses classrooms, meeting rooms, libraries, and offices for the Department of English at the University of Georgia. Prior to the construction of the Science Complex on South Campus in the late 1950s, Park Hall was home to the Physics Department. The front of Park Hall is distinguished by an entrance portico with entablature and pediment supported by four fluted Doric columns. Stairs rise to the first floor level on both sides of the portico. The building is crowned by square tower with a railing surrounding a domed cupola topped by a spire. The main portion of Park Hall was constructed in 1938 and the annex was added in 1970.
Slide annotated: "University of Georgia classroom building, Public works financed, Park Hall, quarters of English Department." An annex was added in the 1970s.
Date of structure: 1938.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of image], Hubert B. Owens Collection, Box 35, Owens Library, School of Environment and Design, The University of Georgia
- 1 slide : color
- Holding Institution:
- Owens Library