Wrightsboro Methodist Church historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Wrightsboro Methodist Church historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--McDuffie County
Church buildings--Georgia--Wrightsboro
Location:
United States, Georgia, McDuffie County, Wrightsboro, 33.5504119, -82.5690205
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: At Wrightsboro on Wrightsboro/Stagecoach Rd., 4 mi. W. of U.S. 78
Text of marker: "WRIGHTSBORO METHODIST CHURCH. The Wrightsboro Methodist Church of the Thomson Circuit, on the site of the now dead town of Wrightsboro, has been an active organization for over 125 years. In its historic churchyard are buried several veterans of the Revolutionary War and some who died at Gettysburg, Shiloh and Fredericksburg in the War Between the States. The founders of some of the oldest and most prominent Georgia families are buried here. Among them are Theodosius Erwin Massengale, grandfather of St. Elmo Massengale, and the ancestors of Bishop Warren A. Candler, Judge John S. Candler and Asa G. Candler. 094-6 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_wrightsboro-methodist-church
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_wrightsboro-methodist-church
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations