- Georgia Historical Markers
- William Bartram Trail historical marker
- Jackson, Edwin L.
- Date of Original:
- Historical markers--Georgia--Clarke County
Bartram, William, 1739-1823
- United States, Georgia, Clarke County, Athens, 33.96095, -83.37794
- Location: Located inside the entrance to the State Botantical Garden, S. Lumpkin St., Athens
Text of marker: "DEEP SOUTH REGION WILLIAM BARTRAM TRAIL TRACED 1773-1777. Eminent artist - naturalist. Described numerous species of flora including Franklinia. Explored local area in 1773. ERECTED BY The State Botantical Garden of Georgia IN COOPERATION WITH The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc."
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Holding Institution:
- Digital Library of Georgia