Vineville United Methodist Church historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Vineville United Methodist Church historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Bibb County
Church buildings--Georgia--Macon
Location:
United States, Georgia, Bibb County, Macon, 32.84069, -83.6324
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: 2045 Vineville Ave., Macon
Text of marker: "VINEVILLE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH SOUTH GEORGIA CONFERENCE February 12, 2006. Vineville United Methodist Church, the oldest daughter of Mulberry Street United Methodist Church, was begun in 1846 to serve wealthy planners of the village of Vineville, just outside Macon. It has been located on this site since 1897. The current sanctuary was completed in 1926, and additional structures have been erected since then. Devoted to evangelism, Vineville has been instrumental in the establishment of numerous other United Methodist churches in the city. Home to three former bishops of the church, Vineville is actively engaged in home and foreign missions and is an integral part of the Macon community. The church's humble prayer is to continue to serve the Lord with gladness and boundless energy."
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_vineville-united-methodist
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_vineville-united-methodist
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations