The Infantry Board historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
The Infantry Board historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Chattahoochee County
Infantry
United States--Armed Forces--Georgia
Location:
United States, Georgia, Chattahoochee County, 32.34697, -84.78705
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: In front on Building 76, Anderson Street, Fort Benning
Text of marker: "(Side 1) THE INFANTRY BOARD. On 15 December 1919, War Department Orders established the Infantry Board as a development and testing laboratory with permanent station at Fort Benning, Georgia. The Board's mission was to consider, with continuity of effort, the improvement of the Infantry. The history of the Infantry Board has been coincident with that of the Infantry Center and Fort Benning, "The Home of the Infantry".(continued on other side)(Side 2)THE INFANTRY BOARD. From its very beginning, the Infantry Board was concerned with everything the Infantry Soldier used. Whether he shot it, rode in it, slept in it, ate it, wore it, or used it to accomplish his tactical missions, the Infantryman operating under combat conditions used products that had been tested by the Infantry Board. In consonance with its mission, the Infantry Board's motto was "ONLY THE BEST FOR THE FINEST!" From 1946 to 1991 the Infantry Board was headquartered in Building 76, on Anderson Street. The Infantry Board was discontinued effective 23 March 1991. Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Fort Benning Infantry Board 1991"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_the-infantry-board-side-1
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_the-infantry-board-side-1
Language:
eng
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:
Rights Statement information

Locations