Margaret Mitchell House historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Margaret Mitchell House historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
2010
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Fulton County
Historic buildings--Georgia--Atlanta
Homesites--Georgia--Atlanta
Mitchell, Margaret, 1900-1949
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: In front of the Margaret Mitchell House at 990 Peachtree Street at 10th St., Atlanta
Text of marker: "MARGARET MITCHELL HOUSE. Completed in 1899 by Cornelius J. Sheehan, the Margaret Mitchell House was originally a single-family, Tudor Revival residence. In 1913, the house was relocated to the rear of the property and converted into a ten-unit apartment building, known as the Crescent Apartments, in 1919. In 1925, Margaret Mitchell and her husband, John Marsh, moved into Apartment No. 1 where Mitchell wrote the Pulitzer-Prize winning novel Gone with the Wind. Today, the Margaret Mitchell House is a designated city landmark listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a popular tourist destination, and home to the award-winning Literary Center at the Margaret Mitchell House. ATLANTA HISTORY CENTER 2010"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_margaret-mitchell-house
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_margaret-mitchell-house
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations