Euharlee Creek Covered Bridge historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Euharlee Creek Covered Bridge historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Bartow County
Covered bridges--Georgia--Euharlee
Location:
United States, Georgia, Bartow County, Euharlee, 34.1448193, -84.9329986
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Located at bridge, county road 30, off Ga. 113, Euharlee
Text of marker: "Euharlee Creek Covered Bridge. In 1886 the county contracted with Washington W. King, son of freed slave and noted bridge builder Horace King, and Jonathan H. Burke for the construction of this 138-foot bridge. It was adjacent to a mill owned by Daniel Lowry, of which the foundation is still evident. This bridge replaced several previous structures, the last having been built two years prior. Constructed in the Town lattice design, the bridge's web of planks crisscrossing at 45-to 60-degree angles are fastened with wooden pegs, or trunnels, at each intersection. 2000.12 Erected by the Georgia Historical Society, Georgia Department of Transportation, and the Federal Highway Administration"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_euharlee-creek-covered-bridge
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_euharlee-creek-covered-bridge
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations