Due West Community historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Due West Community historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Cobb County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Cobb County, 33.9414626, -84.5766729
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Gilgal Church on Kennesaw-Due West Rd. east of Due West
Text of marker: "DUE WEST COMMUNITY. Site of Gilgal Primitive Baptist Church, a log structure and prominent landmark during military operations, June 5-17, 1864, in which church was destroyed. Cleburne's Div., Confederate, was posted at the Ch., the left of Johnston's line [CS] after the withdrawal of Polk's corps [CS] from Lost Mtn., June 9. Confronting Cleburne were the 23d A. C. and Butterfield's (3d) Div., 20th A. C. [US] Due to pressure on his extended front, Johnston swung Hardee's Corps [CS] back to the Mud Creek line E. of Sandtown Rd., June 16. 033-74 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER1954"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_due-west-community
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_due-west-community
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations