Davis' Div. at Dallas historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Davis' Div. at Dallas historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Paulding County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Paulding County, 33.9205456, -84.8672885
United States, Georgia, Paulding County, Dallas, 33.92371, -84.84077
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Ga. 61 (N. Confederate Ave.) at Polk Ave., Dallas
Text of marker: "DAVIS' DIV. AT DALLAS. May 26, 1864. Brig. Gen. J.C. Davis' (2d) div. 14th A. C. [USA], reached Dallas on this rd. from Bishop's Bridge (Pumpkin Vine Cr.).These troops left Resaca, Gordon County, May 16, & marched to Rome via a route W. of the Oostanaula River. Leaving Rome, May 24, the command moved by Peek's Spring (at Aragon), to Van Wert, where a road E. led via Bishop's Bridge to Dallas. Entering the town, Davis' div. marched E. to the New Hope Church Rd. (State Highway 92) & established an intrenched line on the left of McPherson's Army of the Tenn. [USA]. 110-8 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_davis-div
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_davis-div
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations