Davis' Cross Roads historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Davis' Cross Roads historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Cobb County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Cobb County, 33.9414626, -84.5766729
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Burnt Hickory Rd. north of Old Mountain Rd. intersection
Text of marker: "DAVIS' CROSS ROADS. Site of home of Rev. Gary Davis (1799-1875). In June 1864, was an outpost of right wing of Sherman's forces [US], moving from New Hope Church in Paulding Co. toward the State R.R. and the [CS] left flank. Hardee's Corps [CS] , on the left, occupied a line at Gilgal Church 1.5 mi. S.E. June 10, Strickland's 3d Brigade of Hascall's 2nd Div. 23d Corps [US], assaulted Cleburne's Sharpshooters [CS] posted here and on adjacent hill. After a sharp conflict the [CS] withdrew to the lines near Gilgal Church. 033-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1952"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_davis-cross-roads
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_davis-cross-roads
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations