Darby Plantation historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Darby Plantation historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Cobb County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Cobb County, 33.9414626, -84.5766729
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Ga. 120 between Bob Cox Road and Kennesaw View Drive, Cobb County
Text of marker: "DARBY PLANTATION. The old Marietta Rd. joined the Sandtown Rd. here - 1864. June 17-19. Geary's (2d) Div., 20th A.C., supporting 13th N.Y. & Pa. E batteries, were N. of rd. & Cox's (3d) Div. 23d. A.C., supporting 1st Ohio Bat. D. [US] were S. of rd. - in area from Darby house to Mud Cr. The artillery duel with Cleburne [CS] on high ridge E. of creek & Geary's [US] rain-soaked infantry in flooded area next to stream, are a part of the annals. On 19th, Cleburne [CS] moved E. followed by 20th A.C. 23d A.C. moved S. on this rd. - a march that broke the Kennesaw stalemate. 033-7 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1952"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_darby-plantation
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_darby-plantation
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations