Cusseta School historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Cusseta School historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Chattahoochee County
School buildings--Georgia--Cusseta
Location:
United States, Georgia, Chattahoochee County, 32.3469718, -84.7870497
United States, Georgia, Chattahoochee County, Cusseta, 32.306135, -84.777048
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Kashita Park in Cusseta
Text of marker: "CUSSETA SCHOOL. On this site, a brick school building was erected in 1911 on land purchased from G. W. King, Sr. A resolution was passed on June 6, 1922 to consolidate Big Sandy, Liberty Hill, Renfroe, and Providence Schools with Cusseta. In 1929, all high schools were transferred to Cusseta. Two classrooms were added in 1924 and in 1930. In 1935-1936, a gymnasium with two rooms and a lunchroom, a two-room agricultural building, two rest rooms and shower baths were added. The wooden auditorium, upstairs, was converted into four rooms. In 1938, electric lights were installed and most of the building was renovated. The school was destroyed by fire in 1969. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION, CHATTAHOOCHEE COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY, AND CUSSETA HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI AND FRIENDS 2006"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_cusseta-school
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_cusseta-school
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations