Cumming School historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Cumming School historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Forsyth County
School buildings--Georgia--Cumming
Location:
United States, Georgia, Forsyth County, Cumming, 34.2073196, -84.1401926
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: 101 School Street, Cumming
Text of marker: "CUMMING SCHOOL Built 192. 3Cumming School, erected in 1923 by J.W. Fleming and Jim Hughes to house students in grades 1 through 11, burned in 1927. The same contractors rebuilt the structure. The school served all grades until 1955, when high school students transferred to a new facility. In 1961, elementary students departed, and in 1974 the remaining pupils left. The building then served as the school system administrative office until 1999, when it was purchased and later restored by the City of Cumming. Historical Society of Forsyth County - 2006"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_cumming-school
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_cumming-school
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations