Cross Roads Church historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Cross Roads Church historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Paulding County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Paulding County, 33.9205456, -84.8672885
United States, Georgia, New Hope, 34.7275, -84.50889
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Ga. 92 at crossroads with Ga. 381 northeast of New Hope
Text of marker: "CROSS ROADS CHURCH. One tenth mi. W. at the intersection of the old Dallas-Acworth & Burnt Hickory rds. - a key point of Federal operations at New Hope Church and Dallas, May 25 - June 5, 1864. Hardee's & Hood's A.C. [Confed.] moved this way, S. from the Etowah River to New Hope Church, May 24-25. June 2: the 23d A.C. [Union] marched N.E. from Brown's Mill to this point - turned S.E., 1.5 mi. to the Foster house. Ensuing operations outflanked the Confederate forces & caused their retreat toward Kennesaw Mt., June 4. June 5: McPherson's 15th & 16th A.C., [Union] leaving the Dallas front June 1, marched by this Church to Acworth, on their way to Kennesaw Mtn. 110-26 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_cross-roads-church
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_cross-roads-church
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations