Confederate Hospitals historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Confederate Hospitals historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Catoosa County
Hospitals--Confederate States of America
Location:
United States, Georgia, Catoosa County, Ringgold, 34.91591, -85.1091173
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Courthouse in Ringgold
Text of marker: "CONFEDERATE HOSPITALS. Here in 1862-1863 were located several Confederate hospitals - The Foard, The General, The Bragg, and The Buckner. The Court House, Napier's Hotel, two Churches, several warehouses, and temporary buildings were also used as hospitals. More than 20,000 sick and wounded Confederates passed through these hospitals, men from every Confederate State. After the Battle of Chickamauga food became so scarce that mule meat was fed to these sick and wounded men. Gallant women of this community served in these hospitals. To avoid capture, the hospitals moved south from here in October 1863. 023-14 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_confederate-hospitals
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_confederate-hospitals
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations