Columbus Baptist Association historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Columbus Baptist Association historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Harris County
Baptist associations--Georgia
Location:
United States, Georgia, Harris County, 32.7360042, -84.9089882
United States, Georgia, Harris County, Hamilton, 32.7579107, -84.8749311
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Hamilton Baptist Church, Ga. 116 at Hill St., Hamilton
Text of marker: "COLUMBUS BAPTIST ASSOCIATION. The Columbus Baptist Association was organized November 22, 1829 at Mulberry Meeting House (then New Hope), 10 miles from here, at Mulberry Grove. Twelve churches reporting from Talbot, Harris, and Muscogee Counties formed this Association. Churches from Harris County included Bethesda, Mulberry Meeting House, Mount Olive and Hamilton Baptist Church (then Lebanon). Anderson Smith, the only minister in the group, was elected Moderator of this first meeting and Clark Blanford of Hamilton was elected Clerk. 072-4 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1956"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_columbus-baptist-association
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_columbus-baptist-association
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations