Clayton's Div., Lee's A.C. historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Clayton's Div., Lee's A.C. historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Fulton County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Elixir at Wellington Streets, Atlanta
Text of marker: "CLAYTON'S DIV., LEE'S A.C. July 28, 1864. Deployed along the old Greensferry Rd. (West View Dr.) were Gibson's, Holtzclaw's and Baker's brigades (Alabana and Louisiana troops), Clayton's div., forming the right flank of Gen. S.D. Lee's A. C. [Confederate] in the Battle of Ezra Church. Moving northward in the heavily wooded area, their assault fell upon the Federal line at the salient angle (at Laurel Ave. and Archer St.), occupied by the left flank, Logan's 15th A. C. Unsupported on the left and counter-attacked in front, Clayton's troops withdrew after two attempts to dislodge the Federals. Loring's div., Stewart's A. C., deployed in this vicinity, was not ordered into the battle. 060-145 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1985"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_claytons-div-lees-a
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_claytons-div-lees-a
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations