City Hall historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
City Hall historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Newton County
Historic buildings--Georgia--Covington
Location:
United States, Georgia, Newton County, Covington, 33.5967815, -83.8601827
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Located in the park on College Avenue between Oak Street and Davis Street, Covington
Text of marker: "City Hall. In 1958, the school building, so well loved by so many, was demolished and replaced by long needed municipal building. It housed the administrative offices, the fire department, the police department and jail. In 1996, the building was refurbished to accommodate the City of Covington Police Department. All other functions of city government had been relocated. Placed By Landmark Committee Newton County Historical Site 17 May 22, 1996"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_city-hall
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_city-hall
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations