Chattahoochee County historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Chattahoochee County historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Chattahoochee County
Counties--Georgia--Chattahoochee County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Chattahoochee County, Cusseta, 32.3054268, -84.7727027
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Chattahoochee County Courthouse, Cusseta
Text of marker: "CHATTAHOOCHEE COUNTY. Chattahoochee County, created by Act of February 13, 1854, was cut off from Muscogee and Marion Counties. It was named for the Chattahoochee River. Its courthouse, constructed in 1854, was built of select heart lumber from the Long Leaf Pine by slave labor. First county officers, commissioned March 11, 1854, were William W. Bussey, Sheriff; N.N. Howard, Clerk Superior Court; Ezekiel Walters, Clerk Inferior Court; Abner Smith, Ordinary; William H. Askew, Tax Receiver; Stephen Parker, Tax Collector; Littleton Morgan, Surveyor; William S. Howard, Coroner. 026-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_chattahoochee-county
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_chattahoochee-county
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations