Bethany Baptist Church historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Bethany Baptist Church historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Clinch County
Church buildings--Georgia--Clinch County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Clinch County, 30.9149469, -82.7062371
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Ga. 122 3.4 miles east of Ga. 168 intersection, left on Arabia Church Rd. (sand road), left fork for approx. 1/2 mile
Text of marker: "BETHANY BAPTIST CHURCH. Bethany Primitive Baptist Church was initiated as an arm of Union Church in 1841, and was formally constituted in May, 1847. In the cemetery adjoining the church, on the high bluff of Arabia Bay, are buried many of the pioneers of this section, among them, William Smith, a Revolutionary soldier. 032-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_bethany-baptist-church
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_bethany-baptist-church
Rights Holder:
Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations