Bethabra Baptist Church historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Bethabra Baptist Church historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Barrow County
Church buildings--Georgia--Winder
Location:
United States, Georgia, Barrow County, 33.9931962, -83.712755
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Old Thompson Mill Rd. near intersection with Ga. 211 at the Mulberry River, west of Winder
Text of marker: "BETHABRA BAPTIST CHURCH. Clayborn Dalton built an arbor for public Worship across Mulberry River in Jackson County in the early 1800's. It was called "Dalton's Stand". In 1813 the church was moved on this side of Mulberry River near the Maynard Cemetery. Rev. Anslem Anthony was the first Pastor serving from 1813 to 1855. He donated 2 1/2 acres of land for the present church with buildings and improvements April 15, 1857. Another building was built about 1880, and stood until the present building was built in 1962. ERECTED MAY 1977 BY BETHABRA BAPTIST CHURCH"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_bethabra-baptist-church
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_bethabra-baptist-church
Rights Holder:
Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations