Baird's Div., 14th A. C. historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Baird's Div., 14th A. C. historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Clayton County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Clayton County, 33.5419008, -84.3576542
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Ga. 139 and Flat Shoals Rd., 2 miles north of Riverdale
Text of marker: "BAIRD'S DIV., 14TH A. C. Aug. 30, 1864. Davis' 14th A. C. [US], having moved from Red Oak to Shoal Creek Ch., was divided into 2 columns when marching therefrom to the Fayetteville Rd. (Highway 139), Morgan's & Carlin's divs. went S. E. by a winding road to the Evans farm (below Riverdale). Baird's div. moved N. E. from Shoal Creek Ch., on this, the Flat Shoals Rd. where, at this crossroads, the march of Wood's & Kimball's divs. (4th A. C.) S. E. from the Marcus Long house was halted till Baird could make the turn southward. Baird's div. was aligned on the Fayetteville Rd., from here S. to Couch's (at Riverdale) where it rejoined Morgan & Carlin, at Evans' farm. 031-30 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_bairds-div-14th-a
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_bairds-div-14th-a
Rights Holder:
Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations