1804 New Hope Methodist Church historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
1804 New Hope Methodist Church historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1998
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Bulloch County
Church buildings--Georgia--Statesboro
Location:
United States, Georgia, Bulloch County, 32.39681, -81.74318
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: 9623 Ga. Hwy 24, northeast of Statesboro
Text of marker: "1804 NEW HOPE METHODIST CHURCH. Organized from Union by Rev. Lewis Mayers, New Hope was Bulloch's second Methodist church. 1804 Trustees were David Kennedy, Josiah Everette, Jarvis Jackson, Burrell Whittington and William M. Kennedy; other leaders were Joseph Hodges, Eli Kennedy and Lydia Anciaux. Burke and Ohoopee Circuit records, oldest in South Georgia, were kept by these leaders. In 1806 William McGee Kennedy entered the itineracy; later William McCall Kennedy, F.M. Kennedy and H.A. Hodges. Leadership at home and in the connectional church distinguishes New Hope, preparing for her third century. No. 19 South Georgia Conference United Methodist Church 1998"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_1804-new-hope-methodist-church
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_1804-new-hope-methodist-church
Rights Holder:
Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations