- Community Art in Atlanta, 1977-1987: Jim Alexander's Photographs of the Neighborhood Arts Center from the Auburn Avenue Research Library
- Field trip
- Alexander, Jim
- Date of Original:
- Community arts projects--Georgia--Atlanta
African American photographers--Georgia
Photography--Study and teaching--Georgia
Neighborhood Arts Center (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Hall County, Little Shoal Creek Public Use Area, 34.1656557, -84.0140742
- color photographs
- "Jim's NAC Photography workshop on a field trip to North Georgia. This photo is the result of a self-portrait lesson."--Jim Alexander's annotations.
Neighborhood Arts Center photographer-in-residence Jim Alexander and his photography class pose for a group portrait during a 1980 field trip to Little Shoal Creek public use area in North Georgia. Jim Alexander worked at the Neighborhood Arts Center full-time as a photography teacher and resident artist from September 1977 until September 1979. After 1979, he continued to work with the Neighborhood Arts Center on a contractual basis until 1982, when he left to establish the Photo/Media Photography Collective, a studio and gallery complex in Atlanta.
Title provided by Jim Alexander.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright held by Jim Alexander.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: Field trip. Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 photograph : col. ; 31 x 23 cm.
- Original Collection:
- Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System.
- Holding Institution:
- Auburn Avenue Research Library on African-American Culture and History