- Community Art in Atlanta, 1977-1987: Jim Alexander's Photographs of the Neighborhood Arts Center from the Auburn Avenue Research Library
- The wedding
- Alexander, Jim
- Date of Original:
- African American artists--Georgia--Atlanta
Zenzele (African American artist)--Marriage
Dumasani (African American artist)--Marriage
Neighborhood Arts Center (Atlanta, Ga.)--Employees
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- color photographs
- "NAC artists Zenzele and Dumansi's wedding."--from Jim Alexander's annotations.
Neighborhood Arts Center artists-in-residence Zenzele and Dumansani marry in an outdoor ceremony in Atlanta in 1979. Many guests and the ceremony's officiator are also pictured. Zenzele practiced and taught arts and crafts, including tie-dye, at the Neighborhood Arts Center until December 1979 when she left with her husband to open "Here and Now," a natural foods restaurant and catering service in Atlanta at 1384 Gordon St. SW.
Title provided by Jim Alexander.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright held by Jim Alexander.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: The wedding. Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 photograph : col. ; 31 x 24 cm.
- Original Collection:
- Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System.
- Holding Institution:
- Auburn Avenue Research Library on African-American Culture and History