- Community Art in Atlanta, 1977-1987: Jim Alexander's Photographs of the Neighborhood Arts Center from the Auburn Avenue Research Library
- Like this
- Alexander, Jim
- Date of Original:
- Community arts projects--Georgia--Atlanta
African American dance teachers--Georgia--Atlanta
African American dancers--Georgia--Atlanta
Dance--Study and teaching--Georgia--Atlanta
Neighborhood Arts Center (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Mechanicsville, 33.739, -84.39854
- black-and-white photographs
- "Dancer/Instructor Phillip Griffin teaching a children's class."--from Jim Alexander's annotations.
Neighborhood Arts Center dancer-in-residence Phillip Griffin teaches a youth dance class at the Neighborhood Arts Center. Griffin performed and taught at the Neighborhood Arts Center from August 1975 until April 1979 when he left to pursue a dance career in Washington, D.C.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright held by Jim Alexander.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: Like this. Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 31 x 23 cm.
- Original Collection:
- Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System.
- Holding Institution:
- Auburn Avenue Research Library on African-American Culture and History