- Community Art in Atlanta, 1977-1987: Jim Alexander's Photographs of the Neighborhood Arts Center from the Auburn Avenue Research Library
- Alexander, Jim
- Date of Original:
- Community arts projects--Georgia--Atlanta
African American theater--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century
African American actors--Georgia--Atlanta
Participatory theater--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century
Neighborhood Arts Center (Atlanta, Ga.)
Proposition Theater Company (Atlanta, Ga.)--Performances
Dallas, Walter. Asafohene--Performances
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Mechanicsville, 33.739, -84.39854
- color photographs
- "Scene from Walter Dallas' Proposition Theatre Production."--Jim Alexander's annotations.
Two brightly clothed members of the Neighborhood Art Center's house theater troupe, the Proposition Theatre Company, perform "Asafohene" in the Neighborhood Arts Center's multi-purpose room. Proposition Theatre presented the show June 15 and June 22-24, 1978 for capacity audiences. Director and playwright Walter Dallas ran the Proposition Theatre Company before pursuing successful careers as an off-Broadway director, tenured professor of drama, screenwriter, and artistic director.
Titles provided by Jim Alexander.
"Asafahani"--verso of photograph.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Copyright held by Jim Alexander.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: Horrified. Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 photograph : col. ; 31 x 24 cm.
- Original Collection:
- Neighborhood Arts Center photographs series. Jim Alexander collection. Archives Division, Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System.
- Holding Institution:
- Auburn Avenue Research Library on African-American Culture and History