- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- Woolfolk murder case
- Wilkes, Donald E.
- Date of Original:
- Murder--Georgia--Bibb County
Mass murderers--Georgia--Bibb County
Woolfolk, Tom, 1860-1890
- United States, Georgia, Bibb County, 32.80659, -83.69776
- Encyclopedia article about the Woolfolk murder case. The most infamous crime in nineteenth-century Georgia occurred in Bibb County, about twelve miles west of Macon, in the early morning hours of August 6, 1887, when Tom Woolfolk murdered nine members of his family with an ax.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- If you wish to use content from the NGE site for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, you must request and receive written permission from the NGE. Such requests may be directed to: Permissions/NGE, University of Georgia Press, 330 Research Drive, Athens, GA 30602.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: "ARTICLE TITLE," New Georgia Encyclopedia. Retrieved [date]: http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org.
- Original Collection:
- Forms part of the New Georgia Encyclopedia.
- Holding Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)