- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- Rhesus macaques
- Rhesus monkey--Georgia--Lawrenceville
Yerkes National Primate Research Center
National Institute of Health (U.S.)
- United States, Georgia, Gwinnett County, Lawrenceville, 33.9562149, -83.9879625
- Color photographs
- Image of two Rhesus macaques, which are among the seven species of nonhuman primates studied at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center, based in Atlanta at Emory University. These macaques are pictured at the center's field station in Lawrenceville, Georgia. They sit close together on a tree branch.
The Yerkes National Primate Research Center is one of eight U.S. national research centers sponsored by the National Institute of Health (NIH) for the biomedical and behavioral study of nonhuman primates.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Courtesy of Yerkes National Primate Research Center.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)