- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- Nathan Brownson
- Atlanta, Ga. : Collection of portraits of former governors of Georgia, Second Floor, Georgia Capitol.
Brownson, Nathan, 1742-1796--Portraits
Brownson, Nathan, 1742-1796
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.7489954, -84.3879824
- Paintings (visual works)
- Image of a portrait of Nathan Brownson. He is depicted wearing a suit and leaning on a table.
Brownson served as Georgia's governor in 1781-82, toward the end of the American Revolution. He also was elected to the state legislature and was a member of the convention that ratified the U.S. constitution as well as the convention that rewrote Georgia's constitution in 1789. He was the first physician to serve as governor.
The original painting is housed on the second floor of the Georgia Capitol Building, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Courtesy of Georgia Capitol Museum, The University of Georgia Libraries.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)