- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- Columbus mill
- Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, HAER GA,108-COLM,27-10
- Mills and mill-work--Georgia--Columbus
Columbus (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- United States, Georgia, Muscogee County, Columbus, 32.46098, -84.98771
- drawings (visual works)
- This image shows a drawing of the Columbus Mill on the banks of the Chattahoochee River near Columbus, Georgia. The mill is depicted as a very long, multistory building sitting perpendicular to the river. Outbuildings and other buildings stand around the mill, and a water tower rises behind the mill next to the river. This mill was built by the Bibb Manufacturing Company in 1900 . Eventually the cotton mill grew to be the largest in the country, supporting a mill town known as "Bibb City."
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Courtesy of the Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Washington, DC
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)